Behind The Scenes: Favorite Movies

      FAVORITE MOVIES OF MINE     & Least & Least F& L& &&& Least Le& Least Favorites

         BY ANTHONY NADEAU              

                                            



Here is something I am going to do every couple of weeks is look into some favorite movies of mine not by any particular order or genre what it is  a comparison to movies I like and maybe ones you do as well(or not)


 



 





Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)







Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Peter Cushing, Alec Guinness


In a distant galaxy, a long time ago, young Luke Skywalker assembles his motley crew of allies including space rogue Han Solo and two "droids" -- C3PO and R2D2 -- to rescue Princess Leia, the rebel leader of her planet from the clutches of the evil Empire as embodied by its enforcer Darth Vader





I will start with my altime favorite film Star Wars I have seen the movie 105 times since it release in 1977. There is nothing I can say about this film that already has not been stated over the years by countless documentaries, TV specials books and so on.

What I can say about it for myself is this, there is not another movie I have seen(I have seen allot of movies)that takes me completely out of this world and takes me to another planet and far away to another.The 2 movies following had the same effect but not like this one(at least for me).





This is where allot of the characters get introduced to us that saw it back in 1977.We saw that Han shot first and that Jabba wasn't introduced until Jedi.

The Death Star didn't blow up all nice and pretty it just blew up.

Many things pissed me and others off when George Lucas decided to add to the original 3 movies in 1997 the changes are too noticeable in them what worked then still works now from the original prints that's why there was such a following then and still is.



The incredible thing with the movie too is the studio heads wanted Lucas to go with a pop soundtrack and he went with John Williams score a classical score and won audiences around the world.

















Scenes:

              When Obi Wan Kenobi rescues Luke Skywalker from The Sand People they are at Ben's Shack


Luke: How did my father die?

Ben: A young Jedi named Darth Vader, who was a pupil of mine until he turned to evil, helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi Knights. He betrayed and murdered your father. Now the Jedi are all but extinct. Vader was seduced by the dark side of the Force.

Luke: The Force?

Ben: Now, the Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us, it penetrates us, it binds the galaxy together.

        Here is where Darth Vader and Obi-Wan have their fight on the Death Star


Vader: I've been waiting for you, Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. The circle is now complete. When I left you, I was but the learner. Now I am the master.

Obi-Wan: Only a master of evil, Darth.

Vader: Your powers are weak, old man.

Obi-Wan: You can't win, Darth. If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine...

Vader: You should not have come back.

          Last scene is when Luke is racing down the trench on The Death Star and Obi-Wan speaks to him






Remember, the Force will be with you, always.












A Super 8 print of the movie




















Original trading cards from the movie











Thanks for reading this



Sincerely

Anthony Nadeau



Comments

  1. Favorite movie of all time is definitely the Star Wars Trilogy and there is no comparison. I remember watching those movies over and over as a kid needing to float into a different reality. It's difficult to get older movies these days but I think we have a solution. At work about a month or so ago I was given the news that Dish Network had bought Blockbuster and was enhancing the business allowing for more options and a ton more movies. Zero late fees or due dates with movies to get through the mail or on kiosk. I just like older films due to the fact that the actors and actresses had to use their abilities and talent due to the lack of technology we have today and that's what I like to see and be entertained by. http://bit.ly/kW4mgt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment