CD Review: In This Moment-Blood(2012)

















Available:


August 14, 2012






This year continues to amaze me for the diversity of music coming out in the Hard Rock/Metal community. The ongoing mix of instruments that are classic for the sound of this type of music is obvious, however the mix of other synthetic instruments add to the realm of the music as well.



For those naysayers of this band I say listen to the song "You're Gonna Listen" I think you might be impressed(ok probably not).






I personally like this song better than their single "Blood"










In This Moment began in Los Angeles in 2005, when Brink and Howorth met at an open jam. Their debut album, Beautiful Tragedy, landed the band on the 2007 and 2008 editions of Ozzfest. Their first collaboration with Kevin Churko came with the release of 2008’s The Dream – earning them a
slot on the 2009 Warped Tour. Their third album, A Star-Crossed Wasteland (2010) was their highest-charting album.













Time on the road was both educational and inspirational in the making of Blood, says Brink. “Watching all those bands helped me let go of my fear, following my art and not worrying about ‘Is this too much?’ or ‘Am I pushing too far?’ or ‘Are people going to judge me?’ I’m going to do what I do in my moment to create, and people are either going to love it or not.



There will always be people who don’t get it. You’ve got to do it for yourself and create your own path. This album is the most fearless I’ve ever felt making music.”














Working as a duo to write and record the new album brought Brink and Howorth even closer. “Maria and I are amazing friends and business partners,” says Howorth. “We created this band, we trust each other and we’re like family. We’re very protective about In This Moment. It’s very sacred. The trials and tribulations made us more resolved to make things
happen.” With the release of Blood, In This Moment is geared for the next level — as musicians, songwriters and performers. “I want the band to become widespread,” says Brink, “and that doesn’t mean selling out. If you change who you are to become part of another world, then your art is cut short and you jeopardize what you believe in. We’re not doing that. Our music is for us first, we write it for us, we’re doing our own special thing that you can only identify with us. We can do that and still be connected, still love the underground world, and tap into new crowds and people who can understand the music. We love what we’re doing and are ready to have more people know about us.”






Thank you for reading this


Written by(& compiled from the band's bio)


Anthony Nadeau



























Comments