Concert Review:Korpiklaani, Moonsorrow, TYR & Metsatoll Sunday Sept 9, 2012




Let me just start by saying this is the first time this 46 year old had ever attended an event at The Rickshaw Theater in Vancouver.


When I had told people I was going I had heard a ton of stories, mostly to due with the area in which is around the building being at Main & Hastings right in the bad part of town.














The door staff was friendly and Dahlya who was working the door taking tickets etc for Invisible Orange Promotions was a fantastic host as well.


So we get into the theater no problems at all all that were in attendance were happy and as I looked around found the staff chatting with patrons etc and all seemed to enjoy themselves as well.









Sorry Cam was acting up that night pictures are hazy all the pictures I took of Metsatoll did not show up except for this one.




Lauri(Metsatoll)(left)Random fan(right)

Was going upstairs as the younger crowd  seemed to be there, not that I had a problem with them at all. Just I am too old for the moshing that took place. I say let the younger crowd have their fun and this is the perfect venue for it.





Metsatoll was perfect for an opening act had only heard them a few days before the show I was intrigued to find out how they sounded live-they did not disappoint.













The name "Metsatöll" is an ancient 


Estonian euphemism for



 wolf



They hail from Tallin, Estonia 







TYR would please the crowd with their tight set and great music.

The songs were tight and the reason myself and my friends Tazz and his wife Morgan went to begin with.

The band hails from Torshavn, Faroe Islands --Their subject matter revolves almost entirely around old Nordic Lore , Mythology and history.











Going outside we met and spoke with the lead guitarist(Terji Skibenæs of TYR and he was quite nice-enjoying the tour he was.



They hail from Scandinavia and were musically the best show of the night(for me anyway).















Moonsorrow would then come on having not heard much of their work I was unknowing of their music at all. I was not impressed by the vocals, however the music was good. I have been to alot of concerts over my years so I know what I like and don't I just did not care for this band.







I do appreciate that this is the other side of the spectrum when it comes to this kind of music and that's fine I like Devildriver and some people don't. Moonsorrow hails from Helsinki, Finland.







Korpiklaani was the headlining band and they have an interesting sound as well. This band is from Finland and have many instruments on stage with them. This solo was the surprise of the night -check it out below. This is not from that night but it is the same solo.







They really had a prescence that the other bands just did not have-for the most part their music was different than most of the heavy metal out there and I glad that I attended the event.







All in all a great time had by all and the event went smoothly and a great night for a concert and I even have aqquired some new Facebook friends after the event-I say hello to them.

Here are a few more pics from the night.



































Thank you for reading this

Hope you come back again

Till Next Time

Sincerely

Anthony Nadeau






Comments