Music Submit Artist: ShiSho--The Sisters EP (Available Now)










(Band Bio)





Described as the 'feasible love-children of They Might Be Giants and Kimya Dawson' real-life sisters Vivian and Midge Ramone are the punky, folky, poppy, ShiSho from greater Kent, Ohio. At 16 and 12 years old, ShiSho has been writing and recording for 9 years. The girls perform intelligent and quirky folk-punk on accordion, guitar and occasionally the ukulele.

“We deliver an acoustic punk rock performance in a ‘darling’ way that completely catches people off guard,” says older sister, Vivian. “It’s not planned. It’s who we are. We love playing for crowds that aren’t familiar with ShiSho because we're a disconnect from first impressions. When you see two young girls in polka-dot dresses take the stage with an accordion and guitar, you don't expect to hear a hand-clapping folk tune about a doll ripping your throat open and gnawing at your living skull! But you're delighted when we do.








This is a quirky set of music that develops a fun mood when listened to I really enjoy their sound this is not something that you are going to find on the radio , they are not competing with the Miley Cyrus's of the world and I applaud them for their brave music.





Now because these young women are members of Music Submit they got my address and sent me all that you see above in the picture, a handwritten letter some posters , stickers & their cd-this is the most I have ever received from a group and I thank them for it all, honestly enjoyed received all of it, the letter was a nice touch.

I tell you this as I had dated the package and it came to me November 14th, 2013-so they have waited patiently and I thank them for their patience.







This music is not for everyone but I was  a teen and always enjoyed (and still do)Lene Lovich & Nina Hagen.They have a unique sound and interesting lyrics and vocal styling all their own as well, but originality is hard to market bravo to them I say for their tenacity at sticking with what they believe in and not conforming to what is hip etc.









But don't take my word for it here is a link to their Bandcamp page where you can not only listen to their music but also buy it and support them.





Shisho Bandcamp Page(click here)





I wish them the best in their future and hope to hear more from them, sometime down the road.



Thank you for reading this

Sincerely

Anthony Nadeau





Comments