Little Shop of Movies Review: Philomena(Available Now)





This will be one of my last reviews for this store as they are closing at the end of the month, I will miss the store it is one where I met my friend Jim as he was the original owner of the store.


Then when Jim wanted to sell he sold to Art & Kathleen amidst the Redbox just in the next block and Netflix and so many things available online they still stayed open.


All that being said I thank them for allowing me to review for them it has been a pleasure.









Being one of my last films for them could not end on a better note than this film if ever there was a film this year that hit all the high notes for performances it would be this film.




Based on the true story book by Martin Sixsmith and played wonderfully by Steve Coogan(who also wrote the screenplay)who also plays Martin to Judi Dench's Philomena such an incredible actress in every role that she is in.


Philomena has a child and is forced by her father to live in a convent where they sell her child to an American couple and she keeps all of this bottled up for 50 years.




With the help of Martin she makes a trip to the U.S. to find her son , I will not speak any further of the storyline other than to say this is easily one of the most heartfelt films I have seen in quite sometime even had me reaching for the kleenex.




The relationship between Martin & Philomena only works from the fantastic actors involved and it primarily just the two of them for a good portion of the film.




I wish there were many films made with the love that this film was every piece of the film works there is never a false touch anywhere only the best from everyone involved , bravo!







Thank you for reading this 

Sincerely

Anthony Nadeau







(Below is the statement from Little Shop of Movies)


It is with great sadness that we have to announce that Little Shop of Movies will be closing on May 31.



We had fun, we had some laughs but now it’s time to leave the party. I guess with Redbox so close by, video on demand and another store in the area that our town just can’t handle the competition.



We will still be renting and selling movies until May 24, 2014 We will continue to sell games and movies from our home.



We thank each and every one of you for your support this last year.


Comments