Star Wars #7 Casting Update!!--Updated April 16, 2015--NEW!! Teaser Trailer!! YAHOO!!











April 16, 2015


Teaser Trailer #2 is Here!!





I have watched this a number of times 


The ending made me cheer out loud!!














November 14, 2014





Sorry but I am more excited about this than any film at this moment --my excitement for this film I have not felt this excited since "Return of the Jedi" came out in 1983-that says a lot.


This teaser trailer was just released today!!



















The Star Wars team is thrilled to announce the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII.










Actors John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, and Max von Sydow will join the original stars of the saga, Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker in the new film.







Director J.J. Abrams says, "We are so excited to finally share the cast of Star Wars: Episode VII. It is both thrilling and surreal to watch the beloved original cast and these brilliant new performers come together to bring this world to life, once again. We start shooting in a couple of weeks, and everyone is doing their best to make the fans proud."





Star Wars: Episode VII is being directed by J.J. Abrams from a screenplay by Lawrence Kasdan and Abrams. Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, and John Williams returns as the composer. The movie opens worldwide on December 18, 2015.















Below is the Official Press Release!







With pre-production in full-swing, a confirmed release date of December 18, 2015, has been set for Lucasfilm’s highly anticipated Star Wars: Episode VII.


“We’re very excited to share the official 2015 release date for Star Wars: Episode VII, where it will not only anchor the popular holiday filmgoing season but also ensure our extraordinary filmmaking team has the time needed to deliver a sensational picture,” said Alan Horn, chairman of The Walt Disney Studios.


Star Wars: Episode VII will be directed by J.J. Abrams (Super 8, Mission: Impossible III, Star Trek) and is being scripted by Abrams and Lawrence Kasdan (Raiders of the Lost Ark, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi). Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy, J.J. Abrams, and Bryan Burk are producing, with Tommy Harper (Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol, Jack Ryan, Star Trek Into Darkness) and Jason McGatlin (Tintin,War of the Worlds) serving as executive producers. John Williams is returning to score Star Wars: Episode VII.


Shooting is scheduled to begin spring 2014 at Pinewood Studios.






The conversation really got heated when die hard Star Wars fans were told that J.J Abrams was chosen to be the director for the new Star Wars film. Why the issue? well for those that do not know he was at the helm as director of the 2009 Star Trek(reboot)and did an amazing job now this May Star Trek Into Darkness is set to be released.



I think this is a great idea as he really struck a chord with Star Trek fans when he did the first film I have  not problem with him doing this Star Wars film, however....



I do have a problem with more of these films coming out as there is no other series of films(The Original films 1977, 1980 & 1983)for me those 3 films spoke to me like no film has been able to since I know I am not alone in that. The 3 later films I have in my possession, however they do not even come close to the classic storytelling of the first three.



Now the big news that is circulating is that Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher & Harrison Ford have signed up for the film, should we believe this? Here is a(real or not?)quote from George Lucas:






"We had already signed Mark and Carrie and Harrison—or we were pretty much in final stages of negotiation," Lucas said. "So I called them to say, 'Look, this is what's going on.'" He pauses. "Maybe I'm not supposed to say that. I think they want to announce that with some big whoop-de-do, but we were negotiating with them." Then he adds: "I won't say whether the negotiations were successful or not."
So for me to carry on with this story of pure speculation at this point is meaningless until I get some substantial proof I will not comment any further on this matter I just  wanted to put my two cents in on this.


Here is some interesting artwork that is coming out for this:



Of course on this first poster this was bound to happen with Disney now owning all the rights to the Star Wars Universe.







































The original poster for Little Miss Sunshine below:













Oscar-winner Michael Arndt has been brought on board to write the script that along with J.J. Abrams directing are the only two things confirmed so far.













Micheal Arndt won his Academy Award for scripting Little Miss Sunshine; some four years later, he picked up an additional Oscar nod for his Toy Story 3 screenplay.







I have also heard rumors that John Williams(composer)would like to score the new film, but that is unconfirmed at this time, with the internet everything travels at light speed and everyone wants to be the first to report on unconfirmed deals etc.





Whatever happens I know at least that the music will be scored by an orchestra as all the previous 6 films were scored by Mr Williams , so that one is a no-brainer.





Here is an image that I will leave you with to think about whether Han Solo should come back.










Han & Chewbacca are what made the original films so great for me, but now they are all classic films each in their own right but for me it is the 


             ORIGINAL 


           STAR WARS(1977)


NOT





STAR WARS :EPISODE 4 A NEW HOPE


The 1997 re-editing of the film looses some of the magic of the gritty dusty film it is too clean in the re-done shots.














I will always love these films no matter what I have the original 3 films on VHS and maybe I should pull it from the dusty shelf and put those in again.





Thank you for reading this


Sincerely


Anthony Nadeau







Comments