Uncork'd Entertainment Review-Evangeline(Vod May 8th-On DVD June 9th)




This is my first review for this company that contacted me a few weeks back and have already sent me a number of films.



This is easily one of the best films I have had the pleasure of watching this year. I love my horror films and even though this has a very similar story to that of "I Spit on your Grave" and films of that nature -revenge based tales etc. This was stronger than just a revenge film but almost a reborn hero of sorts in a dark twisted way.



This is such a well crafted tale that has a good number of jolts and things to make you unsure of what might happen next.



There is a conflict of sorts between heaven & hell -angels & demons the picture shows that clearly-I loved the use of the camera in this film the cinematography is some of the best I have seen in a while.



I am really inspired as a fan of the horror genre since I was about 12 years old. I have watched so many films in this genre there are few where you can say -the film stands out like a sore thumb in this day and age where the standard horror film is made with a cookie cutter. Don't get me wrong this is not an original story , but this is different in it's entire approach to the story and it's delivery, all around everything works.



The use of the camera -the angles and the cinematography is something to be appreciated for a film of this type. Karen Lam and team have created a film that has images that feed on fears , subtle yet bores into your vision -this is a good nightmare.



The kills in the film are done stylistically -take the one above creative in it's structure of trying to keep costs down I am sure , also the images sitting as a shroud and a victim is far more powerful than just the standard slash or stab of the soul taken from the person.



There have been many that have made an impact in the horror genre there are many names through the decades of horror who's name will always be associated with the genre, I will be adding Karen Lams name to that list, this is one of those films when it reaches those that truly care about the genre will also applaud the work done here. I for some reason I am wrong to assume that others might enjoy it as much as I did then forgive me.





Thank you for reading this 

Sincerely

Anthony Nadeau





Comments