CD Review: Leprous-Malina(Inside Out Music)Available August 25






                                                “Malina”



Available as: Limited Mediabook CD, CD, 2LP and Digital Download

Release Date: August 25th 2017



Line-Up:

Einar Solberg - vocals/synth

Tor Oddmund Suhrke - guitar

Baard Kolstad - drums

Simen Børven - bass 

Robin Ognedal - guitar





Wow, from the word go this is easily one of the best albums of the year and quite possibly the best one this year that this reviewer has heard this year. I know that I have not done a lot of music reviews this year, however I have been listening to a lot of new music all the same.







Everything works on the album right from the lyrics to the music , production and overall sound , their first single from the album "From The Flame is a small masterpiece as is the remaining of the album , such talent here all across the board.







The fantastic vocal work Einar on this album is nothing short of amazing, versatile and such a range of ability I have not heard like it this year!



Here is their 2nd song from the album "Stuck"







This band from Norway do not disappoint , the last album of theirs I reviewed I gave it 5 stars.



There is not a song on this album that I do not like , nor do I have a favorite either--odd I know but it is just that good an album!

If I was told to pick a favorite it would have to be "The Weight of Disaster" --the bridge and finale of the song is so good!! Keep playing it over and over again , same with  the entire album!

The title track of the album starts out with keyboards and strings and haunting vocals , builds up as the song progresses drums are added to the mix and the song leaves us at a higher crescendo than what we started at.

"Coma" is fierce and fast on the guitars and drums, vocals soothing and --guitars, bass and drums beat at a steady pace throughout the song.











Comments