Upcoming Films--Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker(December 20, 2019)





















This new poster was revealed this past weekend at D23 which is an Expo for all things Star Wars.


While the poster and the brand new trailer show Rey & Kylo Ren face off on what could be the remains of the Death Star. What has me concerned and somewhat dismayed is the color of Rey's lightsaber.


In the poster her saber is blue, but at the end of the trailer she has a double saber and it is red and then she snaps it into place emulating that of Darth Mauls.


I have a link for StarWars.com below to better describe the use of the colors but if you don't care to read it all, here is a piece from it.





"Although the use of the lightsaber is the mark of a Jedi, it is also used by their sworn enemies, the Sith. Typically, a Jedi’s lightsaber blade is colored green or blue. Other colors are rare but possible, most notably seen with Jedi Master Mace Windu’s purple blade. Sith uniformly use red-bladed lightsabers -- an intense, aggressive color that represents their view of the Force."


(StarWars.com)









So for me, it may be that the Emperor may be fortunate enough to have turned Rey to the Dark Side as we heard his sinister laughter at the end of the teaser trailer for the film.





Here it is below if you have not seen the teaser, I will show the new full trailer at the end of this article.








Does she join Kylo on his quest to rule the galaxy? Something that Luke totally despised and rejected from both his father and the Emperor in previous films before.


I guess we the fans will only know come December 20th. My anticipation for this one far succeeds my curiosity of the others. I know I am somewhat alone in my thoughts of it, but I actually liked The Last Jedi more than most of what has happened in the Star Wars world since Disney bought it from George Lucas. I personally wish he has never sold it, kept it and had produced some of the films. But that's just my opinion.


So here is the brand new trailer. It was released this morning.


Leave a comment on what you think of it if you like.





                                      


Thank you for reading this 


Sincerely


Anthony Nadeau








Comments