Upcoming Films! Kingdom Of The Planet Of The Apes--In Theaters May 10, 2024


Looking back at this 'Upcoming Films' series, I used to do it quite often and upon checking the last few that I did were in 2019.
Getting so many press releases I have been wanting to get back some of the original articles, etc that I have done in the past.



Having been a fan of the original series of movies that started in 1968, The Planet of the Apes would amaze and scare audiences as it was a different world where apes actually talked. The film would be successful enough to warrant four sequels. I bought the box set a few years ago at a thrift store for only $6, and with it comes an additional disc with a Behind The Scenes documentary. A friend gave me a 35th Anniversary edition of the first film and I have the Tim Burton version also on DVD.


I did enjoy the three films that came out in 2011, 2014 & 2017, and I took both of my sons to see them in the theater. I have not added these films to my collection yet.

Unlike all of the previous Planet of the Apes films, the apes here are mostly computer-generated, whereas the original movies had actors in suits, of course, technology has advanced far further than what was once available.

If you don't have a collection of the movies like I do, they are all available to stream on Disney+ as they own 20th Century Studios.


Now, on May 10 there is another film in the Planet of the Apes world
Kingdom Of The Planet Of The Apes

Many years after the reign of Caesar, a young ape goes on a journey that will lead him to question everything he's been taught about the past and make choices that will define a future for apes and humans alike.
Release date: May 8, 2024 (Canada)
Director: Wes Ball
Distributed by: 20th Century Studios
Based on: Characters; by Rick Jaffa; Amanda Silver; Premise from Planet of the Apes; by Pierre Boulle
Cinematography: Gyula Pados
Music by: John Paesano

Kingdom Of The Planet of the Apes Featurette--click here
                      
                                                                               IMAX Trailer---click here

      

                       

Comments