Twisters Movie Review- Now on Digital, Available on 4K, Blu-Ray & DVD October 22, 2024


This movie saw a great amount of success at the box office this summer with $371 million,  it had the best opening for a disaster film, and I am sure it will be a big seller when it arrives on physical media tomorrow, October 22nd, on 4K, Blu-Ray & DVD. It is currently available for digital purchase at home.
Now I am not the biggest disaster film fan, but I am a movie fan, I was asked if I would like to review it, and I said sure and was sent a 4K/Blu-Ray copy to the house last week.


Starting with the first few minutes of the film we are introduced to our lead character, Kate Carter(Daisy Edgar-Jones-above), and her team who are following a twister. If you have seen any disaster movies, you know that things will not end well for this group, how many will survive?
Things go far worse than I thought it would and she is a wreck and steps away from being a tornado chaser.
Fast forward 5 years and one of the other members of the group who survived, Javi(Anthony Ramos) has found her and asks her to come back to what she knows so well, they need her in the field in what he is doing now, she is hesitant, but agrees with being on for just a week.

After being introduced to the new crew, they and other storm chasers are joined in a parking lot, by the YouTube sensation, Tyler Owens(Glen Powell-above) & his flashy film crew, all their gadgets, & t-shirts with his face on them. 
In typical fashion, there is some animosity amongst the two groups of who the film is focused on. Tyler has a swelled head and Kate just doesn't feel like she belongs anymore.
There is a scene where both Kate & Tyler are in the same location to help others who have been affected by one of the tornados, they have put their differences aside to help others and that is one of the strengths of the movie, it happens more than just the one time too.
Going on instinct alone Kate has always known when a bad storm is headed in their general location, "better than the cows", her mother tells Tyler in one scene, because she was raised on a farm. 
In a particular scene, I won't spoil it, she saves several people from certain death, including Tyler. When the crews come to check on them, he is given credit, but he says that it was Kate. This scene humbles him and his attitude totally changes after that and he becomes a more likeable person overall. They become friends and decide to work together to try and see if there is a possible way for them to stop these and help others be safe.
However, with all of that, there also are some bad points for the film.

There is no real depth to any of the characters, they are a cardboard cutout from almost every disaster movie ever made, along with most of the scenes that take place,  and the actors do a very poor job in my opinion.
The few things that I did like do not make for a good film. 

Comments